· No-wake zone (< 5 mph) within 150 feet of the shoreline.
· Motorized boats may not operate to within 75 feet of floats or markers that designate swimming areas.
· Limit boat to headway speed when within 150 feet of a swimmer, ramp, raft or float
· Maximum speed limit 45 mph for all watercraft including jet skis.
· No wake-jumping.
· Furnish your boat per all MA state safety requirements.
· All kayakers/canoeists must wear a PFD (life preserver) from September 15 to May 15.
· Be courteous to fishermen, non-motorized boaters, & swimmers.
· If towing a skier/tuber, the spotter (not the driver) keeps eyes on skier/tuber all the time.
· All watercraft launched at the public boat launch must be inspected first.
· See also www.boat-ed.com/massachusetts/handbook/book.html
All Regulations Enforced by Massachusetts Environmental Police
To report violations: (800) 632-8075
· Be Red Cross Ready – learn to swim
· Know your abilities & the abilities of those swimming with you
· Keep children under constant supervision
· Always swim with a buddy
· Use lifeguard-staffed Richmond Town Beach when possible
· If swimming away from shore, trail a highly visible float or be accompanied by a spotter in a boat (otherwise, motorized boats cannot see you)
See also www.redcross.org/prepare/disaster/water-safety/swim-safety